Tuesday, February 17, 2009

11th Jan.56

On Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation printed stationary - Calcutta.

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Many thanks for your letter, all is in a tangle here so this is ing to be quick. The strike on 6th and 7th went off without incedent but the foreign staff again had to do some work. The clearing house is not open either so what or when things will be normal I do not know. On Saturday we went to the Deputy High Commissioners for cocktails to meet the C in C East Indies Station and the officers of the cruiser Gambia. Afterwards on to the Saturday Club for the caberet there. On Sunday we entertained four ratings to buffet supper enjoyed by all. An officer that I met at the party is coming to dinner to-night, so all in all we have had a naval week. Have got a few snaps of the dog which are a bit out of focus but show what he looks like. Shall send them on soon. Margo had another check up this month and all is well. The first difficult period is over and nothing much bothers her now except that she needs plenty of sleep.

This is all for now sorry its so short,

Love and best wishes

Margo & Peter

*Note from the editor. In this letter my father is introducing Sammy the dachsund which he bought before I was born and my mother is pregnant with me. I will find some photos to add to the site in due course.

No comments: