Friday, October 9, 2009

18th March 59

Written on HSBC Jesselton airmail letter.

Dear Mum Dad and Alan,

Well once again everything is over and just fine. I took Margo in yesterday evening when nothing much was happening. A comfortable bedroom, very cool with private bathroom. Things started at 1.30 am and went slowly on. I saw her at 7.30 am 12am 2pm and by then the time was getting close. Had a ring in the office and Susan had arrived at 2.40pm. A drawn out business but Margo was fine though the usual stitches were put in. I saw her at 4pm when she returned to her room and we had tea to-gether. The sister there was very good indeed and helped a lot. Margo is now having a well earned sleep and I shall see her again this evening. Her room is on the ground floor and opens onto the main square of the hospital so I can pop in and out whenever I want to. The other two children are doing well and are at the moment visiting two small boys on the coast and am just off to pick them up.

Cheerio for now and love Peter

P.S. I ought not to have anymore washing up to do on leave!

Shall put the birth in Telegraph P.

No comments: