Friday, January 28, 2011

January 6th 1961

Written on HSBC Jesselton air mail letter.

My dear Mum & Dad,

I have been meaning to write to you ever since I returned here but what with one thing & another I just couldn't settle down to it. You will have received the photos by now so you will see how Elisabeth has grown. She really is quite a weight. When I was at the Clinic a month ago she weighted 22 lbs 9 ozs & we are due to go agin on Tuesday so I shall see if she has gained . I've no doubt she will have as E eats very well & has passed the strained food stage even tho' she hasn't any teeth! Now I give her a biscuit or rusk & she can hold it herself - & demolishes it in no time.

Thank you so much indeed for the lipstick. Which is a lovely shade - & what a nice idea the case is - especially for me as I never seem to have a mirror with me. The girls were thrilled with their presents - we thought the saucepans lovely. Dorothy & Donald sent Adrienne a toy shop so she was able to add the contents of her shopping bag to the store & now she solemnly weights packets on the scales & sells them to C & S.

Caroline & Adrienne start kindergarten on Tuesday & I shall be quite pleased to have the house quiet for a while in the mornings. We usually have another child here for the day (either C or A's friend) so there is always someone shouting or crying! Susan still sleeps in the morning & E has a short nap. I find that she doesn't sleep much during the day but I can't complain as she goes to bed at 6 pm & we seldom get a sound out of her before 7 am. Now that E sits in the chair (the car seat which you bought) she is very happy as she can look around & chatters away to herself & can say 'Dad - dad'. I am trying to sort things out to pack for our move to the beach. We are all looking forward to the change.

Love from us all Margo.

No comments: