Friday, November 18, 2011

18.5.61

Jesselton Dear Mum, Dad and Alan, Thank you very much for your letter - I must have received the one that you thought you had lost and you will have received my reply by now. Kenneth had better join the HSBC if he is without qualifications but I doubt whether this has any attraction for him. Children: presents; we seem to have a lot of records for the moment & The Pooh Bear one is particularly attractive so I think at some future date the Christopher Robin books would interest them. Adrienne still doesnt listen very closely so both she and Susan would like the simple ABC picture books or the picture books with just a little written underneath. The toys that you buy are well appreciated and it is best if I leave things to you to choose as I have no better idea. I know how difficult shopping can be and your parcels are so very good that it is obvious you put a lot of thought into doing them. Margo would like some handkerchiefs - Pyramid - coloured, if you can manage that. Yes, Elisabeth has two large front top teeth and I expect at least one more soon as she had a very restless night-this only happens at teething times and because the teeth are late there must be difficulty in breaking through the toughness of the gums. She is very happy apart form this and loves her swim in the sea. The left leg still shows no sigh of life and this might hold things up. Being able to sit for short while without any back support, please her. She does this by leaning on her arms and using her sense of balance. I am on holiday just now - playing golf and sitting in the sun. We are going up to Ranau for three days just to say we have been away and I hope to take a few photos. I have quite a number in the camera which are old, but taking the last two or three is holding me up on developing. Margo is busy making a long evening dress for the dinner at Government House on Monday. A big circus has come to town & C.A are to go. They are looking forward to this and I am hoping that it will be worth while. They lost two elephants in Sandakan as they somehow became entangled in a live wire in their compound, but a lot of other animals should amuse them. We all hope you have an enjoyable holiday in Ross with fine weather. I am enclosing a cheque for £2 which is unimaginative, but please buy something you would like with it or have a day out on your birthday. Cheerio for now and love from us all Peter

No comments: