Thursday, March 25, 2010

11th January 1960

Written on HSBC Jesselton airmail letter

Dear Mum Dad and Alan,

Your successful Christmas sounded grand though with the inevitable rush, but by now things should have calmed down. Thank you for looking into the trouser position for me, I can see it would be a risk should the cloth not be pre shrunk, though, as it bears a top quality label I think it must be. However the Marks & Spencer's at 69/6 sound OK and shall be glad if you will send one pair, fawn, so that I can try them. Can you take the measurements from the fawn trousers, with you? If they take 8 weeks I shall have them in time to go with two reasonable pairs here. I have noted the £2 and now owe you 11/3d which covers Alans £1 < Bakers £2.8.9. This last still has not arrived and I have written to them. The Christmas rush really hit Borneo & the shipping companies are behind. Do you know both Margo & I forget the Bag? We shall buy it now though - guess we are getting a little feather brained! The "Turn a Time" is successful and we play it nightly. Caroline borrows my hankerchief to dust the records (though this is a little unnecessary as they are made of cardboard). It is something I saw in a catelogue too late to buy and it really is good. The photos on the new camera are excellant and will be sening copies soon to the whole family (7) addresses for me and expect the same for Margo.

I received my first ACORN today and like the look of Smith & Nephew as it almost looks as if a bonus issue is due. Alas still no funds - but hope to see Fraser & Neave at 1.80 as last marking was 1.78. I bought average 1.58. Not bad in just over one month. Should think Henrys Triplex would be good. His tips usually are, and there is a trend that way just now. Am almost hoping for a fall in prices so I can come in later on.

Cheerio for now and
Love Peter

No comments: