Monday, October 8, 2012

6th Feb 1962

The Hongkong Bank,
Jesselton


Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Thank you for your letter and also thank Mr Martin for his help.  The item he indicated is just the thing I want but not Sanderstead.  I have several items on enquiry near Rye Sussex and I do want this or Kent if possible.  I thought I had the perfect one and cabled but it had just been let.  Am in contact with 6 agents!  We now know that Mrs A can puts us all up and this will be the best arrangement in the beginning and I can come to you for a few days after the first one.  Our only thought will be, at first, to get E to Gt Ormond St and arrange for her treatment and everything else.  We will fit in from there.  Later on you might like to take say any 2 out of the 3 eldest for short times so you can get to know them.  They have recently had a haircut and I am constantly calling them by the wrong names!  Especially in the car I can never be sure of the voices, because C can lapse into baby talk and A & S can put on adult talk and its all a bit difficult.  We have shipped home a lot of toys received at Xmas.  E&S no seem attracted to Dinky toy type cars, planes etc.  But once home may need clothes.

I shall leave any meeting arrangements for you to make with Mrs A.  It has occurred to me that I will not want the whole family in my new car and possibly if Mrs A met us with a car hire they could go in that and I could take someone else in mine to act as a guide.  (This is not clear at all - the children & Margo to go in the car hire for a smooth run to the house).  Perhaps Alan could bring you both & he could be a help generally.  If it is a fine day the airport should provide a lot of attraction & you could have a drink there whilst waiting.  There is still almost 2 months to work out the details.

Love Peter

PS.  Please move all breakables to high level (roof?)

ACORN  SAYS  UPWARD  TREND  IN   SIGHT  U.K.  NOT U.S.A

No comments: