Wednesday, March 21, 2018

26th Feb 1969

Written on HSBC airmail letter from Johore Bahru,  West Malaysia

Dear Mum and Dad,

Many thanks for you letter, we have hit the hot weather and the air conditioning has packed up in the office.  Glad you though Elisabeth in good form.  We were pleased the doctor considers the spine has improved and the operation we were anticipating is not necessary.  C is growing up.  A reports good marks and S seems full of activity.  Susan is 30" chest.  We do not what it is she wants and perhaps you had better make sure.  It is good of you to bother with these things and you must let us know the cost of all these items as unlike ten years ago cash is no problem these days - but the odd visit to the children is of immense value.  I would like to pay for your train fares and hotel too if you will let me - I know prices are going up non stop.  The offshore trusts are unit trust managed by UK people.  The advantages are USA share entry without the premium and for me a non resident - no capital gains within the trust.  Targets are 40% Australian 40% UK 20% others.  I was recommended Anchor B - mainly USA shares and with US well down might be a good time to buy in.  My average on Target is 20/6 so a decent rise in a few months.  We saw the newspaper and have written for prints.  Please give my regards to Mr Dabbs I hope the leg turns out well.  The streets are gay with bunting for the Japanese Royal Visit and I took out the Crown Jewels for the first time yesterday and had a good look when the State Secretary opened the box - very pleased to know they are all there - just a mass of diamonds.  All my love Peter.

No comments: