Sunday, March 11, 2018

11th Dec 67

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you very much for your letter - am so pleased to hear your views of Elisabeth bumping up and down and wanting to go to school.  It is this go ahead outlook which will obtain a full life for her whatever maybe the outcome in the future; and of course, is rewarding for Margo for all her work and hopes.  Thank you for the photos - the prints are cheaper and better here.  Let me know if you ever want some run off - it will be easy to arrange.  Henry never told me which tie he wanted, but I can write to India from the UK.  It is very good of Dad to buy the violin and Margo has wanted a mixer for 10 years and now is the right time.  Thank you very much indeed.  How you manage all this with costs as they are I do not know - but you do know that if I can ever help with anything you must tell me.  We should be well situated now as I have had another raise and pat on the back which is very gratifying as my position does not warrant any change.   This was Ian Macleod - the manager who has gone on leave as he fixed it when he went over to H.O. to say goodbye.  A nice Christmas present.  I knew Caroline did well in her exams with 3rd in biology but did not know about the poetry. I guess you are right when you say they are growing up fast.  I was amazed at Susan's letters - I have one that is so neat I am quite ashamed of my writing.  When you think that I retire in 13 yrs time Caroline will be 24.  You might be a great grandmother yet, so relax!  (Editor -  Sue obliged her with one grandson, James.  Grandma died before Ady produced two more for her - Anna and Pierre).
All I am hoping for is to get the washing up off my hands.  Well Christmas is almost with us.  I have had a number of invitations for lunch on the day, from people who have been most thoughtful and will be thinking of you all.

Love Peter
xxx

No comments: