Saturday, July 18, 2009

13th Feb. 58

Typewritten on HSBC Calcutta airmail letter.

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

I have not received your usual letter so though this could sent in case something has been lost in the post, though I hope you have the four enlargements sent separately.

The Christening was successful, the weather cool enough to be comfortable. The service was very good and Adrienne behaved herself too. The church had laid out the seating arrangements on three sides of the font and they were packed with our party. I hope that the photos that were taken turn out to be good though I wish I had done them myself to make sure. The party afterwards was great fun, the flat being packed without much room to move. I had enough whisky from Christmas gifts from customers to cover everything and Margo purchased a wonderful cake which was the centre of attraction. Caroline came to the service and clung to my hand quietly all the time. At the party she had more cakes and biscuits than anyone and thought the whole thing to be very fine. Adrienne received some grand presents, dresses, spoons, napkin rings, a gold brooch, premium bonds, bracelets, two charms in gold and other odds and ends. Her godfather made two short speeches and left at 11pm, which seeing that the party started before five was not bad going. There must have been 46 people there in the end.

Margo is packing and the next two weeks will be taken up with various parties and the final packing then off. I myself have less than 4 months to do and expect the time to fly by.

Cheerio for now, must do some work, Love from us all,

Margo, peter, Caroline and Adrienne

No comments: