Monday, July 13, 2009

25th November 1957

Written on HSBC airmail letter from Calcutta.

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Thanks for your letter. Adrienne is fine and only 30 minutes bother at night not disturbing my sleep at all! Caroline is most intrigued with her and as we make sure that she has all the attention possible will not notice much difference in her way of life. She watches the feeding and bathing and is allowed to kiss the baby good-night. Sam too was equally curious at first but has now accepted the increase in family. The pronounciation of Adrienne will evolve in due course - personally I like 'Adrian' but if she goes on feeding at the present rate she will just be calling 'Fatty'. You need have no apprehension that I am worried about a second girl (I can tot up a balance sheet with anyone.) In anycase if the Premium Bonds come up I fully intend to have half a dozen it seems a more reasonable number. Talking of P Bonds perhaps a Savings Account is the best. I have the full allocation of P Bonds and those Alan holds for Caroline will have to go in Margo's name.

It is Bob Farrel who is coming out to arrive on 19th Dec. He is flying so will not wish to carry very much and Margo has not mentioned anything particular. I am wearing my new suit to-day - can't do it again as it shows everyone else up! Am very pleased with it and hope to afford another with a suit length given me last Christmas. margo is very fit. Tollygunge on Saturday and Zoo yesterday. Its the Guinness I think! Probably helps Adrienne sleep too, I like it very much but very sacrificingly do not have any.

Cheers for now and love from us all,
Peter.

No comments: