Tuesday, September 6, 2016

14 Dec 65

The Hongkong Bank
Central PO Box 227 Osaka.

Dear Mum Dad and Alan,

You are missing one of my longest letters which also contains a map of Japan.  It may have gone by sea mail, but I wrote a lot of things including Adrienne's birthday.  Ice skating which we all now do and many other things.  Le me know if it does not come.  It was sad to hear of Mrs Smith and I will write to Mr Smith.  I received Mr Martin's paper and I realize the kind thought behind it.

Elisabeth ahs doen very well and her desire to walk is such that she has asked to try with one crutch which is impossible.  She will come home for good next Monday.  The nuns are wonderful.  When we leave Elisabeth does not shed one tear.  We are sure she is going to miss the constant activity and spoiling.  She speaks a great deal of Japanese and translates for us.  Everything is "Hi" = Yes and "Ney" = Isn't that so? on which every sentence ends.  We hope the school will take her back as it remains a problem to lift her around.

Adrienne's birthday was very successful.  Many guests and a fine day with many games in the garden and a huge Panda for her big present.  Margo made a cake with an elephant on it and they had a wonderful time.  I have had the Staff Controller staying for two days and an official party for officers and wives (25) Margo has been very busy and I have too catching up in the office.  He was an easy guest but one does not relax very much.  Social occasions are increasing as Christmas approaches.  I even made a note for 23 April 66 St Georges Ball.  Ouseley the new manager arrives 3 Feb and I am planning a party for 150-200 at Kobe Club.  Invitation lists, printing cards etc all take time and have to be corrected as people come and go.

We have sent presents to everyone as usual and I hope they all arrive.  We will try to get postcards for Henry and I will watch papers for typical pictures.  Caroline will have a record player for Christmas so we will buy Alan's present of 2 records and they will be very welcome.

Cheerio for now and lots of love from us all and a Very Happy Christmas

Peter xxxxxx

No comments: