Monday, September 26, 2016

31st August 66

The Hongkong and Shanghai Bank,
Kowloon

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Thank you very much for your letter, the weather has become a lot dryer and although still as hot it is much more bearable and writing not such a damp business.  Frost must be a very capable person to obtain the position he has in Wiggens Teape.  As far as I know they do not do business with us out here, thought I could be wrong.  Caroline has been in the club races and got into the finals and was last, though we told her she was one but from the end.  She swims fast for me but then has not had the continuous swimming that many of the youngsters get here who do not move about all the time.  Also she does seem small against the others of her age, whereas Adrienne is larger.  That will be an advantage later on.  I suppose as girls that grow too quickly seem out of place.  Yes, I know just how Dad and Alan are about presents as I am the same way, but it is still enjoyable if I have something on my birthday and the children to open the packets for me.  But difficult to buy for, so if you can ever guess what may fit the bill just let me know.  I cannot imagine you moving from Mitcham now as you would be leaving so much behind so don't feel you have to do so.  It may just be that once the children are in Folkestone and you do pay a visit that you will want to move and it would be best left until then.  In this fast changing world they may not get there although once the new year is here arrangement will be in train.

It seems wasteful for you to have to make up a parcel for Christmas when everything is availablehere and we will buy for the children.  I would like another plain BIAS tie if you see one as they do look right and go with anything one wears.

Elisabeth can swim four strokes now without a ring, provided she stays flat.  With her head out of water she bends so much she cannot swim, so for the moment distance depends on how long she can hold her breath.  This is all done in the baby pool where she can put her hands on the bottom if necessary and crawl, so she is quite safe.

This is the end of another month in which it has been the usual mad rush with nothing of much value accomplished.  I wish you could see this office at about 11 o'clock at this time of the month, three ? on two floors and one mass of hubbub, it is amazing how anything gets sorted out,. but it does eventually.

Cheerio for now and all our love
Peter
xxxxxx

No comments: