Tuesday, June 19, 2018

9th May 1969

Written on Hongkong Shanghai Banking Corporation air letter from Johore Bahru Malaysia

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you very much for the birthday car and letter.  It is a pity about Mr Aylett.  Margo phoned last Sunday and I have still to hear how he is.  It is fortunate in one respect that Margo was home and could help but the complication of Bournemouth is a difficulty.  I hope things clear up in a definite way soon as the next Charter flight is 22nd.  However, we shall see.  I had a very large birthday party all at the last minute.  A phone call on Wednesday evening from KL - Jan Sutherland on an inspector tour wanted to stay with me Thursday night and see one or two old friends.  I managed 32 and all the arrangements and he drove in 1/2 hour before it started.  We went next door at midnight for the floor show at the Straits View hotel and the band played "happy birthday" as it was then 9th.  Got to bed at 2am and so am looking forward to sleep tonight.  It was most enjoyable and much better than watching T.V. which is all I had planned.  Richard's news is bad & obviously Henry & Hilda are upset.  Imagine it will be a tangle & expensive too.  Glad I am not there to hear all about it as there is little one can say.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday apart form all this.  The gardens must be coming to life and it will not be long before the roses are out.  Wish I could see mine.

Cheerio for now and love

Peter

No comments: