Monday, January 9, 2023

9th June 1974

The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

P O Box 896

Collyer Quay branch

Singapore

Dear Mum and Dad,

Your letter of 10th May arrived to-day having been to Bangkok and I have also received your letters of 28th May and 5th June, so guess I am up to date.  There seems a lot for Margaret and Ian to do in Scotland.  I wonder if it is worth a visit.  Am pleased you are getting help with transport.  I am getting bi focals now and am having the reading section adjusted.  The ones made in UK were too strong and neither the optician there or here realised it, so I am only in focus very close to.  Am please the new X ray avoided the necessity of an exploring op.  I forgot just where St Helier's is - what a memory.  Is it on the road to Sutton?  I expect to be away Thurs/to Monday next week (15th) as have been given time to get away.  Very unexpected so will fly up to Penang.  The Manager is to go away on UK leave on 22nd & said this morning I should take a break.  Never happened before so must not miss it.  The 1974 wage increase are under discussion - have only finished 1973 in March, but expect agreement on these sooner.  I hope.  The girls are doing their exams.  I think Adrienne has worked hard and really hope she does well.  Have booked Caroline for Canada on 11th July as well as the other 3 to us.  Have not heard from Caroline's new school as yet.

All for now.  Best Wishes and hope all goes well.

Love Peter and Margo,

No comments: