Monday, January 9, 2023

August 15th 1974

The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

P O Box 896

Collyer Quay branch

Singapore

Dear Grandma & Grandpa


I'm sorry that I have not written sooner but we have been doing so many exciting things.  For the past week we have been down at Loyang and the weather was lovely all the while.  We all got quite tanned!

To-day we are going to have our nails done, because this evening we are all going to a dance party.  To-morrow, Adi Eliz and I are going to a "Ship Wreck" party, given by a friend.  Adi is going as a baby, Eliz is going in her pink negligee, and I am going in my swimming costume, with a hat and sarong, glasses and sun cream!

On Saturday, we are going to help at a fete for the whole day.  I am doing the "Lucky Dip" stall.  The others are selling tickets.

On Sunday it is the bank's Sports day, and on Monday we have been invited to swim & lunch at a friends house, as well as Adi & I having a tennis lesson.

Adi & I have been playing alot of squash and tennis lately and we have a tennis lesson on Mondays and Fridays.

Pippa is fine.  When we were down at Loyang, she swam in the sea, and in the pool.  She also went out in the canoe with Mummy!

To-day, though it is very hot and sticky,  & think it will rain.  But we need a bit of cooling down here!

I must go now

Because the car has come,

So Bye for Now

All my love

Susan xx

 

No comments: