Monday, January 9, 2023

June 16th 74

Mrs Aylett  (my mother's mother.  She went out to live with my aunt and uncle in Canada but returned to UK a few years later)

48 Golf Ave

Pointe Claire

P. Quebec

(Not from the Far East but was included in the pile of letters)

My Dear Lily & Lionel

Was so sorry to hear that Lionel was not at all well.  Hope the news is better now.  It must be such a worry for you and I know all must feel most unhappy when your dear one is sick.  I wrote to you way back when the snow and ice was around.  But very pleased to say I can now get out and about.  Have joined three Senior Citizen's Groups so getting to know quite a few folks around my own age group.


There is an awful lot that goes on for Senior Citizens in Pointe Claire have been to two picnics.  One was put on by one of the T. V. Stations about four long drives into the Country.  So time as been going  very fast.  Also been busy helping to paint and paper Debs bedroom.  Have also finish the chair seats I told you about in my last letter.  Barbara and Alistair are very pleased with them.  and though I say so myself.  They really look nice.  Write and let me know how Lional is if you have time.  Give him my love tell thim I am looking forward to seeing him when I come over.  Take card of yourself Lily.


All the Best

Much love Gladys

No comments: