Friday, January 23, 2009

22nd Jan 1952

Kuala Lumpur

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Well - I am still here and have not gone up a Hill. The car decided it didn't want to and I have had to put it in dock for repair. Its only petrol pump trouble but the spare part had to be sent for from Singapore. Howsoever, K.L. still holds my interest and am having a very restful time. Saturday night we toured "The Leog" "The Griffin Inn"," Harliquin" and the other spots. Much more sophisticated then Penang and more colourful also.

Sunday a game of golf at 8am and tiffin later in town. Very pleasant -, but my golf is shocking and doesn't look like improving.

My plans are very indefinite, if the car isn't ready in the next two days I shall fly back to Penang. Otherwise I shall drive into Ipoh for the weekend to see the Malayan Golf Championships to be run off over the Chinese New Year.

The weather has been wonderful and laying in the sun a glorious "occupation". I won't feel a bit like work on Sunday next!

Cheerio for now and all the Best,
Yours,
Peter.

No comments: