Thursday, January 8, 2009

30.10.51

H. & S. B. C.

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Many thanks for your letter of 25th. I don't think that I have any right to vote at home as I am no longer "resident" there and do not pay UK Tax etc. No one out here bar services have voted. Anyway without my vote the Tories are in and have now to settle to some unpleasant and serious business. Some of their actions will have to be so unpleasant that I will be surprised to see them return next time. At least we know the country is in the hands of people who know the business of Government.

No! I didn't expect any material benefit from a move - I can't expect that for 15 yrs or so. I can still move within Malaya & Borneo as that is the usual area, once in it, for a tour. Another year here will suit me then Singapore for a change. Yes - the Hornblower film was enjoyable though it skipped out a lot and did not mean much to anyone who had not read the yarns.

Am not eating many pineapples lately though have the odd chunk in a sweet. They are very arid if you eat a lot of them.

Am writing this odd note as I wait for ledgers to come up for checking its the first day for quite a while that I have had to stay after five - work has been very light.

Had a long weekend. Spent Sunday in the water and the sun and my shoulders suffered a little. Yesterday went out to the Lone Pine in the morning and had a trip round the Island in the afternoon. Its quite a while since I last went round and was surprised to find how big the island is. At one point there is a seven mile hill pass which, in the rain, is quite tricky driving.

Cheerio for now and Love
Peter

No comments: