Friday, January 23, 2009

8th January 1952

Written on HSBC airmail stationary.
Penang

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Many thanks for your fine letters - I have missed a week I know but things have been pretty busy and even now I can hardly hold a pen.

I started off by thinking that Alan's letter was Mum's - however, when I got the the bit reading "I went skating on Christmas Eve" and read it three times I realized my mistake. I enjoyed reading all about the Ford works, it does sound an amazing place.

The police did not summon me but just issued a friendly warning on the lights effort. I was surprised as I wrote them a snorter of a letter.

Your Christmas sounded fine and I am pleased Dad was feeling fit on the day. I have had one or two parties during the week and enjoyed them. The New Year's Eve one was especially good with some interesting fancy dresses. I went as The Lord High Executioner with an outsize one made to my own design. The dress was simple and cool which is the main thing here.

I now owe letters to lots of people and will try to clear them all up soon.

By the way I have been in Malaga a year and two days now and can remember my arrival as if it was yesterday - time certainly flys.

My love to you all and a very Happy New Year,

Peter.

No comments: