Monday, December 19, 2022

10th May 1970

The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

Johore Bahru

West Malaysia

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you for your card.  We celebrated by going out to dinner in Singapore and had a grand evening.  Henry wrote a long letter to which I have replied.  He said they would be glad to have any of the children in the summer.  I am sure they would love to visit but of course will be coming out here in July.  Hope you  have recovered from Adrienne's stay.  I am afraid she is a bit too quick with her school work but there is little one can do to change this.  At least I did not change.  When you mention 28 waist I trust you you do not mean inches as if so A must be getting pretty tubby.  Elisabeth has been up to Westminister Abbey and No 10, where they had their photos taken.  She writes a good letter.  Her piano playing is the latest thing which she enjoys.  Guy Sayer, who I took over from as Manager Osaka, is now a director as well as one of the three General managers.  He has come a long way in less than four years.  Mike Calvert who stayed in my flat for a time in HK is going to New York as manager.  We had a night out with them when they passed through Singapore for leave.  Lots of rain and thunder here but I see that your weather has been warmer this last week.  A big tree came down in the garden in a storm and we are cutting it up to remove it from the lawn.  A large snake was killed by the Kebun a few days ago and I hope it had not got a mate in the grounds.  We will see.

All our love Margo & Peter xxx

P.S. Will send cheque in another letter - Many thanks for buying A's things.

No comments: