Monday, December 19, 2022

18th Jan 1970

 The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation

Johore Bahru

West Malaysia


Dear Mum and Dad,


Many thanks for your long letter.  I think the girls enjoyed their Christmas and despite the shocking weather managed to be quite busy.  Elisabeth's report was good - the only one I have seen and she has another story in the school magazine.  It is above average and far better than I could have done at her age. Rockware at well up though have come off the top.  My Target Overseas units have suddenly put on 10%. Sorry I did not tell you about the view but you must have forgotten those pictures I had developed of the house and garden and view before I left.  I have some more photos to send you mostly of the children on Summer holiday.  Another projector should be on its way to you.  It is a second hand one bought & despatched from a friend so there should not be any duty to pay.  You have to be careful with the bulb as before but change slides should be easier & maybe a better picture.  Our orchids are coming out just now and spent some time in the garden today - sunny and a good breeze.  Golf yesterday at a new course in JB.  Very hilly and good exercise.  Am keeping on the go with a few outings but will be glad when things are back to normal once again; although Easter will be with us very soon and it looks as if Elisabeth will not  be happy without Margo.  However I feel happier with the girls having a regular contact and we are lucky to have these cheap flights available.

Cheerio for now and all my love

Peter xxx


Pyjamas arrived - jolly good ones, 

thanks a lot

Peter


No comments: