Tuesday, December 20, 2022

20 Mar 1972

 (Not dated so taken the postal date.)

P O Box 896

Singapore

My dear Mum & Dad,

Peter has just started his new job & with nearly evening booked solid with social events.  I'm sure he won't find time to write!  He is out playing golf this morning so the dog & I have the house to ourselves.  It is a much more comfortable house than the other & it is a joy to be unpacked with our own pictures up etc.  The garden is rather neglected but it will give Peter a hobby while I am away.  I am provisionally booked on April 29th - but may change to a flight a few days later.  Liz goes into hospital on May 8th.  I'm afraid it isn't going to be a very pleasant series of operations but no doubt Liz will be her usual cheerful self.  The hospital is hoping to do another girl at the same time so that they will be company for one another.

We were thinking of you yesterday & hoping all went well for Susan's big day & that the weather remained kind.  Liz had a lovely time for her birthday - I hear she spoke to you on the phone.  In fact I gather it was a very exciting week-end.  Ada & Reg really do a marvellous job - it is such a relief to know how good they are to Liz.  I believe Tony & Vivienne were also at the party so it sounds as tho' matters are improving in that direction.

No more news - must go & get some lunch ready.

Love from us both

Margo & Peter

No comments: