Tuesday, December 20, 2022

24 4 1972

The HongKong & Shanghai Bank

Singapore

Dear Mum and Dad,

Many thanks for your letter, you have stirred me into action at last, although Margo would be able to give you more news.  Caroline enjoyed her stay with Aland & mentioned he has a lot of gardening to do.  We heard from Susan and all is well there, though not much detail.  Adrienne and Elisabeth are in good health and will be home on Friday.  I think they will be on a Jumbo jet.  Sorry to hear Phil had a stroke and I hope she improves quickly, please give her my love, I will try to write and may have more time soon.  The job is settling dow.  A great deal of what is going on requires research and I ought to be reading a great deal.  There is also a lot that is now coming up but at the same time I find myself doing a lot of tedious routine work which should be delegated but for the running down of Foreign Staff.  The Chairman arrives next week so expect to lose time there but no doubt he will bring news of new activities. Margo will be home on Thursday next week and I will get a report on our garden - overgrown I expect.  A letter went off this week recommending my confirmation in the present job.  Another stage completed.  Did you know I was a director of a hire purchase company?  Only a spare time activity which goes with the job.  How is Henry getting on?  Look after yourself.  You must use some "deep heat" on your back.

Love from us all

Peter


No comments: