Wednesday, February 10, 2010

8th October 1959

Handwritten on HSBC Jesselton airmail letter.


Dear Mum Dad and Alan,

Many thanks for your two letters and the photographs. Am still very busy so excuse this hasty writing. I have ordered the Baby Walker @ 38/- from Bakers. They will give me a discount as well as free of P Tax. To be free of PT I have to order it anyway. It seems just the thing and not too elaborate and I am sure Adrienne will be overjoyed at receiving it. Am now clear about Margaret's new home. In fact they have turned it down for similar reasons to our criticisms made when we saw the sight and plans - though I do not think we mentioned them at the time. We have not done anything exciting recently owing to the weather but the last two days have been hot and dry and I think our dry season is coming in. The children are fine and Caroline is still thrilled with school and has alternate passions for older boys and girls who disdain to converse with the "baby" of the school. Adrienne continues to blossom through being "king of the castle" in the mornings.

Love for now
Peter

No comments: