Monday, September 4, 2017

10th Sept 67

Written on HSBC air letter from Kowloon branch

Dear Mum, Dad and Alan,

Many thanks for your letter.  I enjoyed reading about everything you had done with Adrienne and am so pleased her visit was so enjoyable.  I can imagine how tiring the travel and sight seeing must have been and as Adrienne is not used to it either she must have been tired too.  But as it was new to her I imagine it kept her going.  She, as do all the girls, manages to tell everyone lots of news and information and I expect you heard lots of things of interest that I would omit.  I have noted the wedding date - lucky you spotted the invitation wasn't it?  Sorry I did not give an amount for Alan's present, but you mentioned three items and so I left it to you.  Do not know what things cost in UK now but Margo will fix it.  If Alan can get a discount that is all to the good but I leave you to keep Margo informed so there is not a duplication.  Diana is right to have the best now as it is worth it in the long run.

I can remember the salmon Aunt Dolly used to send.  It gives me indigestion now!  The 2 1/2 lbs I had was smoked & eaten at about two very thin slices at a time.  I have had it at 4 or 5 meals and there is still more in the fridge.  Had a grand afternoon in the sun yesterday on a launch and am off on another one today in 20 mins time.  It is an equally nice day.  very hot but a good breeze.  Spent a lot of time in the water and think I went to sleep at one stage when floating.  The girls will miss their swimming in warm water.  Have had a lovely letter from C & E.  Both writing very well indeed.  Glad the car is OK.  HK has been quieter this week.  We are expecting one final fling at the end of this month & then a pause when they open the Canton Trade Fair.  Then the Nationalists will have a go on "double tenth"  10/10 (Oct)

Love
Peter xxx

No comments: