Tuesday, September 5, 2017

12th Oct 67

Written on HSBC air letter Kowloon Branch

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you for your letter, all about the wedding.  I have had a tape from Margo so have both descriptions from which I have a good picture of the great event.  Margo thought Diana a fine girl and she was very pleased for Alan.  Am glad Henry was there to help Margo as I was concerned in case it would be too much.  Whilst we drive frequently it is very rare to drive for more than 20 minutes at a time.  I always find it a strain at home unless on a motorway.  I have been receiving excellent tapes - Elisabeth speaks a lot - the one conducted by Caroline on the school morning was very good.  I must enclose their latest letters with this.  Pity the girls are not here now - a friend's Beagle has had pups - beagles are good house dogs and lots of fun.  Well our news this week is all good.  Margo has found a house - new - Georgean and the plans look just right.  Funnily, Ian Macleod's wife has bought one identical in Kent but about £1400 dearer!  You will have to go and see it, or Margo will send a picture.  I am very pleased as not only is the house just right but the location & surroundings are perfect.  This has made me even more eager to get home if that is possible as the garden will have to be put in some sort of shape before we return from leave.  What price plastic grass?  Will have to fix something which will look after itself - like Bexhill.  No good lots of flowers in case tenants allow them to go to pot.  A few trees and grass.  The rest can wait.

All my love
Peter

No comments: