Sunday, September 3, 2017

January 14th 67

10A Tak Shing Terrace
1 Cox's Rd
Kowloon
January 14th 66 (I think mum meant 67)

My dear Mum & Dad,

Thank you very much for the very nice half slip - I have delayed writing because I was waiting for the enclosed photos.  You will see that Elisabeth is growing very big & now weighs 40 lbs.

Elisabeth and I spent last night in hospital so that she could have her plaster replaced early this morning.  However when the old plaster was removed the Surgeon found that it had rubbed two bad sores on her foot so much to E's pleasure she is home without another plaster.  It means that she can have a bath! - the first for 6 weeks!

Adrienne is going to a tea party this afternoon & Susan is going to a birthday party - both - opposite directions.  It's a good job we have the car!  I think I shall be able to qualify as a taxi driver.

Your weather sounds very cold & unpleasant - we are have cold weather for Hongkong, down int he 40's.  We are well wrapped up in our winter woollies but I must say that I feel so much more fitter in the cold weather.  It's a joy to be able to have a good brisk walk.

We are sorry Mrs Hall isn't coming as we could have shown her the beauty of HK.  She must be used to travelling on the "Queens" as the Cathay (or was it the "Chitral"?)  are both good sized ships.  They are the two which make the regular P&O run to HK.

Kowloon is the only flat area in the whole of Hongkong - everywhere else is hilly & rocky and even Kowloon has its hilly spots.  I am quite used to pushing the wheelchair up steep paths!

Caroline is out with her friend Pat who lives downstairs.  Adrienne is in with Bonny who also lives in Tak Shing & Elisabeth & Susan are playing gramophone records.

Carolines note was written soon after Xmas but I forgot to give it to Peter to post.  She was using a new fountain pen but it has very fine nib & isn't suitable for her.  I shall have to get one with a broader nib.  The girls enjoyed the pantomine very much & so did Peter & I.  It was very well produced for an amateur show - there is obviously plenty of talent in HK.

It is nearly lunch time so love from us all

Margo, Peter & the girls

No comments: