Tuesday, September 5, 2017

12th Nov 67

Written on HSBC air letter from Kowloon Branch

Dear Mum and Dad,

Thank you for the photos I have had a rush print made of the house and it is a very good photo indeed of Margo house and car; so I have a very good idea of everything.  I have had a letter from Alan and all seems to be well although Diana must be busy.  Glad you found Elisabeth quieter and more settled.  I have not heard yet of the result of the last op on Tuesday and hope something will benefit.  I agree that a rest period for her at home would be beneficial but now she is older she has to have her own way in certain things.  The best thing for her is school and other children.  She has an active mind and unless she is given enough interesting things to work on it will become lazy through boredom.  However, things will take their course.  I am pretty certain I will come back to HK as I know things have been taken into consideration, however, if Elisabeth can stay in UK with beneficial training I shall try to get a posting elsewhere.

As there are not the opportunities here at this stage but again it is too early to say.  It is a lovely day today sun breeze and cool.  Was at a birthday party last night - Jock Ingles was 64 oysters & champagne.  On Tuesday I was at a birthday lunch - the host was 72.  Both are very young at heart.  Adrienne's birthday tomorrow, all within 7 days, isn't it unusual.  Will be very busy so do not mind if I do not write much this month.  New leave date is 22nd Feb and my relief arrives 15th Jan  It is going to fly - already have three Christmas invitations.

Cheerio & love
Peter

No comments: